I have always resisted 'prophetic tracking' as it can easily become an obsession & eventually even harm a Christian's testimony. Having said that, although scripture clearly teaches no one knows the day these things will begin (anyone who sets a date you should ignore), it also teaches we can see the season of the Lord's return and should warn others if we do. And in increasing fashion for nearly 5 years, this has been the case. To the point now where things are absolutely teed up for the tribulation period to begin. The only thing missing is the hidden accelerant to it: the glorification and removal of Christ's true church (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
We truly live in incredible & tough, but also blessed times. Whether you believe it or not, the history of the world is primarily about and ends at the feet of the Incarnate-God, Jesus Christ, and that is about to occur. Compare what you're about to read with scripture & consider it carefully. Please read all the way through (it's a brief summary)...
If what we're experiencing are global, biblical birth pangs (and they almost certainly are), things won't be turning around. Birth pangs don't reverse, but only increase in frequency & intensity as we approach the tribulation period and then explode in it (A 7 year time of distress beginning with a peace agreement involving Israel & culminating in the return of Jesus Christ).
In fact, Jesus Christ Himself predicted the following things would occur as we neared the end of the age (Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13)-
Pestilences (Covid-19..), an increase in lawlessness (mass shootings, worldwide violent protests, & surges in criminal activity), drastic increases in earthquakes volcanic eruptions & extreme weather events-wildfires, heatwaves, flooding.. ("Climate Change" is being used to explain away these pre-tribulational travails), religious deception (the prosperity "gospel" & other perversions of Christianity), apostasy (many major denominations have/are denying core biblical truths), and wars & rumors of wars (Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Iran, China/Taiwan..).
Here are some other important, legitimate biblical 📖 developments that seem to clearly indicate we are indeed rapidly approaching end-time events
1) Israel again a nation, since 1948 (Ezekiel 36:24). There is nothing in history even close to an exiled people group for nearly two thousand years returning with their indentity, language & religion intact. So just the existence of Israel alone is an incredible testimony to the truthfulness of scripture.
2) A strong need/desire by Israel for a peace agreement (Daniel 9:27). Neither Trump’s “Deal of the Century” or the historical "Abraham Accords" are the tribulation triggering covenant as neither are a 7 year deal. But, I've become more convinced the Abraham Accords will be part of the deal or process the Antichrist will adjust and confirm to 7 years, triggering the tribulation. Things have changed- this process is going forward. The Palestinians no longer have the power to unilaterally thwart progress. In fact, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas asked the United Nations to hold an international conference on the Middle East & to bring in "all relative parties". The driving concern behind the Accords is the threat of Iran. Multiple recent credible reports have indicated Iran could have an atomic bomb in weeks. This certainly has accelerated the need for the Biden administration to address peace in the Middle East. Biden recently visited there with the stated goal of re-establishing a presence in the region.
Also, the Israel/Gaza conflict in May-21 has caused the international community to focus more intensely to resolve peace matters in the region. The escalation caused the United Nations (which I believe will be the source of the tribulation agreement) security council to meet multiple times, again: to focus their efforts on Middle East peace. Biden met with former Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and expects Israel to accept a new Iranian deal and then once a broader peace agreement including the Palestinians & other Arab States is reached, the US would consider including the region under their nuclear "umbrella". This very likely would be a large part of the tribulation agreement. In fact, there has been a "renaissance" of public bilateral talks between Israel/Palestinians and have reportedly been private trilateral talks between US, Israel & Palestinians intended to jump-start peace negotiations. Jordan, Egypt and many other Middle East countries are holding unprecedented public & private meetings with the same stated goal.
In July-23, it's reported the US is trying to tie together normalization between Israel & Saudia Arabia with a condition of Israel accepting an Iranian nuclear agreement & preserving the possibility of a 2-state solution (with the West Bank & Gaza pontentially being annexed by Jordan). They are hoping to wrap it up between 9-12 months (Mid 2024). Many are seeing this expand into a broader Middle East deal and has all of the potential ingredients of the tribulation triggering agreement.
So to summarize, I believe the Daniel 9:27 covenant will likely encompass & 'resolve' the Abraham Accords, JCPOA (Iran), and Palestinian issue (the linchpin) with the United States & United Nations playing a central role in its consummation.
Finally, anybody who's been following my prophetic 'tracking' would know I am very surprised Netanyahu became Prime Minister of Israel again. So it appears he will likely be involved in tribulation events. He does bring with him a block of religious Jews who will certainly press for the third temple. He has also stated his intentions to expand the Accords (beginning with Saudi Arabia) & has been quoted: "I believe that peace with Saudi Arabia would serve two purposes. It will be a quantum leap toward an overall peace with the Arab world...and I think it will facilitate ultimately a Palestinian/Israeli peace." Again, if you could map a track to the tribulation agreement, this would be it.
*Any 7 year peace deal* made with Israel (this begins the tribulation period) should immediately convince you the Bible is truly the Word of God & that Jesus Christ is Lord. ✟
3) A strong surge for global governance (Revelation 13:7). The response to Covid-19 only accelerated this- In fact, as fast as things have advanced since the beginning of the pandemic, a lot of the United Nation's global goals targeted for 2030 have been moved to 2023. A large part of the UN General Assembly meetings are calls for global, instead of national solutions to the current crises. They are also now calling for "multilateralism with teeth": in other words, they've become public, bold & aggressive about globalism. As mentioned before, the "Climate Change" narrative has moved front & center and is now the primary motivation for these calls for a global political system. The upcoming 2023/2024 UN Summits are calling for specific global governance actions.
In addition, The World Economic Forum has announced its plans to "reset" the global economy (The Great Reset) and with Biden's 2020 victory, it removed one of the few (& obviously most influential) pro-national / anti-globalist world leaders left.
-The global rule will begin with a coalition of 10 world leaders (either a confederation of nations or regional rule) l would expect to be based in the United Nations. The Antichrist will either be one of them or, more likely, an 11th (a newcomer or probably a former political leader) who eventually comes to sole power over the entire world. With Biden's health & Harris' inexperience, there truly is a vacuum of power in the West. That's another reason I believe the Antichrist (who comes from the West) will not be in office when the rapture occurs. Finally, the Russian invasion of Ukraine has established & strengthened these Western alliances the Antichrist will rise from.
4) A push for one unified religion (Revelation 17:3). Seemingly being led by pope Francis. (I'm not saying pope Francis will be the false prophet who leads a one-world religion and ultimately serves the Antichrist, but I'm not saying he's not either. At the least, he's setting the table). In his encyclical ('brothers all'), he basically condemned all economic, geographic & religious borders: calling for global solutions to global problems as well. In his book, he called for a "new world order" (exact words) to come out of the pandemic, and again, for political solutions based on international harmony (He's also highly invested in the "globalistic glue" of climate change). He continually encourages & holds interreligious ceremonies & prayer services with leaders from the other major religions and, as most of you know, the pope has visited Iraq seeking to advance ecumenical agreements with Islam and unify the three Abrahamic faiths at Ur and (of all places) ancient Babylon. My only hesitation is his age (84) as he would need to live at least 3 1/2 more years and still have enough physicality to perform miracles (false or real). It's interesting to note that on August 27-22, Francis stacked the College of Cardinals to ensure his successor will share his priorities.
Futhermore, a stated goal of the Abraham Accords (Israel/UAE.. deal) is the unification of the 3 Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) and if you haven't heard, a "One World Religion Headquarters" has opened in Abu Dhabi called the Abrahamic Family House, with the same ecumenical goal.
One final note, the global elites who will rule during the tribulation won't only be political & religious, but also economic. You can see this developing not only with 'The Great Reset', but also with the Vatican's 'Inclusive Capitalism' campaign as well as big tech sensorship.
5) Russia, Turkey & Iran all growing in power, forming alliances, & showing aggression towards Israel (The 3 main countries of the Ezekiel 38-39 War: Ezekiel 38:2). In fact, they are all three now directly north of Israel in destabilized Syria. It almost goes without saying with Iran as they are already involved in a pseudo-war with Israel through its proxies (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis) and are attempting to acquire a nuclear weapon with the stated goal of eliminating Israel.
Turkey is seeking to re-establish the Ottoman Empire which includes Sudan, Libya (2 other parts of the Ezekiel coalition), and eventually Israel: Erdogan recently said "Jerusalem belongs to Turkey & we will take it". He also called Israel a terrorist state (that's pretty astonishing for a leader of a NATO nation), told Russia's Vladimir Putin that an international protection force should be considered to defend Palestinians, and sees greater cooperation with Iran under new president, Ebrahim Raisi.
In regards to Russia, there has been a significant shift in their attitude towards Israel. They've called Israel "the problem" in the Middle East. And with America temporarily withdrawing from the region, it created a vacuum for Russia to drastically increase its influence. They've also developed connections with Libya :another part of Ezekiel coalition (v5 "Put"), and while the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was horrific, it's not surprising, as they're recognized as part of 'Magog' (v2) of this future alliance that is soon to invade Israel.
And with Russia dealing with the cost of the Ukranian war (and the sanctions for it), Turkey's economy being near collapse (hyper inflation/earthquake), multiple significant discoveries by Israel of natural resources (not to mention Israel will be replacing Russia as the European's oil provider):.. all possibly leading to the motivation of the invasion- "to capture spoil and to seize plunder" (v12).
Finally, a few recent significant developments- Russia has officially demanded Israel stop Syrian air strikes. What the Ukraine war has done is forced Israel to choose between Russia and the West. The obvious choice was made and now the relations between Israel and Russia are incredibly tense. In fact, there is now signicant talk of Israel sending arms to Ukraine. Iran is supplying UAV's to Russia for war in Ukraine and Putin (Russia) Erdogan (Turkey) & Raisi (Iran) met in Tehran (July-22). That’s the big 3 of the Ezekiel 38-39 invasion!
*It's difficult to determine the timing of this invasion: my guess is it occurs towards the mid-point of the tribulation period (For more on that, click here).
6) The necessary technology. Digital currency, digital tattoos, the C-19 vaccine (including any verification of vaccine), Amazon One or any other current technology is *not* the mark of the beast (that will occur at the mid-point of the tribulation & involves allegiance to the then clearly identified Antichrist), but likely will be the infrastructure used in the tribulation period when that is required (Revelation 13:17). *My top candidate would be CBDC's (Central Bank Digital Currencies) because they are backed by governments, and the end game is to be able to control/shut down your ability to buy and sell. In fact in Nov-22, the NY Fed ran a 12 week CBDC testing phase with most major banks involved and now have announced a July-23 launch of CBDC infrastructure. And just recently, the IMF (International Monetary Fund) has unveiled a global CBDC, Unicoin, at their 2023 spring meeting.
Also, technology has already essentially made globalism an electronic reality & I think we can all agree the idea of privacy anywhere on the planet is no longer a possibility. And just think what you haven't or wouldn't give up in terms of privacy to keep your smartphone (& the conveniences it provides)? I know I struggle with this.
Starlink, which will eventually give every inch of the world access to the internet, is now available and just Google "the Giant Statue" then read Rev 13:14-15 😳. This isn't to even mention the recent explosion of Artificial Intelligence.
7) A renewed interest by the Jewish people for the third temple to be built (which will be the one the Antichrist sits in: 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4). They have blueprints for it, a re-established Sanhedrin (a roster of individuals who would perform temple duties), preparation of the showbread/red heifer and, incredibly, Rabbi's have begun to hand chip the stones to be used. Recently, Israel & Saudi Arabia had discussions concerning control of the temple mount & nearly all of the religious groups in Israel are now in favor of having a presence on it (this has increased with the yearly riots on the mount during Ramadan that nearly spark regional wars). Also, there has been a significant shift in thinking among moderate Arabs regarding the temple mount since the Abraham Accords and Jewish prayers have been tolerated if not endorsed there during recent administrations.
At the Ben Gurion Airport, Israel is looking to open a new terminal & high speed rail line from the airport to the temple mount with the stated intention of eventually bringing all the nations to a new "house of prayer", the third temple.
Also, in regards to the previously mentioned red heiffer, the Temple Institute has imported 5 (to this point: 8/6/23) qualified red heifers into Israel that would be eligible in Sep-23 and the plan is to sacrifice it on Passover 2024 (Apr 22). This would be a significant advancement to the third temple as their ashes are necessary to begin temple services & sacrifices. ⌛️😳
Finally, at a Hanukkah celebration in early December-21, President Biden actually mentioned the rebuilding of the third temple. Even though, to me, it seemed to be in passing and only to promote his agenda, it's still prophetically significant when the most powerful man in the world mentions the primary tribulation indicator.
If these are indeed precursors, things will be radically changing in the near future. ⚠️ -Even far more so than already: again, as the sudden glorification & removal of Christ's true church will be the final global birth pang preceding the tribulation (it's the hidden 'accelerant')-
Regardless, we all need to have our sins forgiven and be reconciled to God.
That only happens, biblically, by:
1) Repentance: Humbling yourself & confessing your sinfulness and hopelessness from your heart to God
2) Faith: Believing the gospel➙ Who Jesus Christ is (truly man & the one true God) & trusting *only* in His redemptive work (perfect life, death on a cross for the sins of sinners, & resurrection) for your salvation.✞ (John 3:36).
(*I usually do bi-weekly posts on the most current events affecting tribulation stage setting on various social media platforms. Here are profile links: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
See below ⇣ for Scriptures
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17- For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. (17) Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
Ezekiel 36:24- For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land.
Daniel 9:27- And he will make a firm covenant with the many (Israel/others) for one week (7 years)
Revelation 13:7- and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.
Revelation 17:3- And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names (See also Rev 17:1-18)
Ezekiel 38:2,5,12- (2)"Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshesh and Tubal, and prophesy against him.....(5) Persia, Ethiopia and Put with them"..... (12) to capture spoil and seize plunder
Revelation 13:17- and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4- ...and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, ...so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.
John 3:36- He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.
If you have read to this point (thank you😃) and would like more information; on the latest episodes of my podcast, CrossCutMaker, you can find more eschatological details.